Written by Deborah.
Perhaps you remember the oldie Mama said there'd be days like this, there'd be days like this, my Mama said
Some days you wake up in the morning with great anticipation for the new day and the day just seems to flow. The birds sing sweeter, the flowers appear brighter, and each moment is full of expectation.
Some days you snail out of bed and feel like you barely slept at all. The mind is like oatmeal mush and your heart is heavy. Some days no matter how much you try, the heart remains burdened and an indescribable sadness pervades your soul. On those days, every "family-related" commercial grips your heart and every happy tune brings a tear to the eye. Yeah, there are days like that, yes, there are days just like that.
What can you do when you find yourself trapped in one of those days?
In my opinion, here are 10 do-able suggestions for your consideration:
1. Get on your knees and ask God to strengthen your mind and heart.
2. While on your knees, pour out your heart before God and ask for His help.
3. Cry until there aren't any tears left, for now anyway.
4. Pray for another Christian Adoption couple in our Christian Adoption Family.
5. Send that Christian Adoption couple an email or a text message or some form of communication to let them know you're praying for them. Every Christian Adoption couple has lonesome days too.
6. Read PSALMS.
7. Send another Christian Adoption couple a note of encouragement, sharing verses from Psalms that have comforted and encouraged your heart.
8. Send another Christian Adoption couple a message sharing your thoughts--it will encourage them because they'll realize they're not alone.
9. Go to the Christian Adoption web site and review the profile photos of other Christian Adoption couples--now pray for each Christian Adoption couple. Don't read their profiles, you'll start critiquing yourself--remember there's no competition between brothers and sisters in Christ.
10. Go to the Christian Adoption web site and focus on your photo--now pray for your birthmother and her/your baby. Don't read your profile, you'll start critiquing yourself--God reads your heart--not your profile.
That night when you go to sleep, surrounded by your stuff that God has graciously given to you, thank Him for your deliverance.
God's deliverance and His answers are coming--in His timing.
For more information please read Kathy.*
We encourage you to follow God's loving guidance.
Return to: Opinion Index
Go to: Web Site Index
Return to: Home Index
A Christian ministry helping birth parents & Christian couples for over 12 years!
1.800.277.7006 620.251.4405 firstname.lastname@example.org
Deborah S. Hill P.O. Box 243 Coffeyville, KS 67337
We are not an adoption agency, we are not registered, we are not licensed, and we are not professional counselors.
Click here to get an adoption or IVF loan!
© All rights reserved CHRISTIAN ADOPTION